Monday 29 December 2014

Small, small kisses

Started working on my next project. It's by Design Works Crafts. I admit, last night i was questioning my choice due to the count size and the lighting issue. (Pink lamps are not good for stitching by!) . This morning however i'm pleased i have chosen it. I adore teddy bears, ask my son, he'll tell you i have too many. Anyway, the design is worked on 18 count, which most stitchers will tell you, is pretty small.
The 1p coin gives a clue to scale here...

So far i have done some of the bears clothing and the outline of both heads. It uses 16 colours and when you open the pack, you find a bundle to sort. I admit i had a problem figuring which colour was which, some of them are so close, but i think it's been sorted, thanks mainly to the front cover picture and checking through my DMC threads for comparisons. The design chart is quite clear and ,i'm working slowly through the design. I've tried to find the design i'm working on, online, but have a feeling it's a discontinued design now.


Going on how cold it is this morning, i feel that crafting and watching films with my son, maybe the plan today. Neither of us like the cold, and with a frost heavy on all outside surfaces, it's certainly looking like a winter's day. We still hope for snow, somehow it always has a magical feel, and as it falls, it's like being in a giant snow globe. Plus my son would love to make a snowman on the front lawn, with the odd snowball thrown at me i'm sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.