Sunday 5 July 2015

Summer

Outside the sky is clear and blue, that bright blue, that is so bright and cheerful. The odd line of clouds far away is noticeable, but even they are white wisps. The air warm in the shade, baking in the open and as i type the fan is on full blast. The ice in my water is slowly melting but it's coolness is a relief on my parched lips and dry throat. Summer is here.

Today has been a slow day, except maybe when the cat escaped his curfew, leaping over the fence before i had a chance to blink. His moment of freedom was taken and his return was much waited for. The rest of the day he has rested and eaten some fish, gently boiled and cooled before offering to the lil guy. My son and myself have eaten cold foods, some egg salad for me, and my son his usual favourite, dunkers with some soft cheese. An ice cream followed for each of us. Not even a hint of a cup of tea for me, it really is too warm for that.

Spoken to a dear friend today, her Saturday experience making her sparkle with happiness, though the pain and swollen ankles were her reward for enjoying herself. But she sounded so happy, as though she had, had the time of her life, with friends, listening to music from the good ol' 80's. When music was so varied and oh so good! Tunes that even today show the time as it was, a mixture of talent, and the odd not so talented, but where experiments were tried, and sometimes worked! Other times, we just forget those bad ones, unless they get blasted from a radio show, the tune haunting us for days as it rattles around in our heads, our lips betraying us and singing those oh so fatal words...

But summer of the 80's i was just a child, a girl into Toyah and Don Johnson. I was also into Sindy dolls and her many clothes, some handmade by my mother, and those cute little care bears with their caring smile. Followed later by My Little Pony and Barbie. Such a long time ago, and a very different time. Some of those days i miss, but not all.

So today crafting has been done, some googly eyes added to die cut frogs, toppers for a card when i get so inspired, and dresses having bows added, and the 6 teachers cards that i needed to finish. Now i plan to put my feet up, and just watch some Sam Neill talking about Space in his calm way, my son next to me enjoying every word. Summers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.