Tuesday 25 August 2015

Small kisses

Today i stitch. My pain is so high that anything else is next to impossible. Each movement pure agony as my muscles and joints feel like they are tearing and each movement is slow and painful. Today i had to lay in bed a little longer, and yeah i hate feeling like this, i wanted to go get my son's shoes for school, and sort out a bill too. It'll have to wait til tomorrow, when i hope i can move and walk.

Some people think fibro is in the mind, and that we are making the pain out to be worse than it really is, but i can assure the pain is oh so real, and the fatigue is a living nightmare. The moment we lay down to sleep, we hope for a restful sleep, and for us to wake up cured, but that isn't fibro's way. Our sleep is far from peaceful and the pain is always with us when we move those first moments when we decide to get up. Our battle with sleep lost and we continue on with another tiring day.

So today i am looking after me . A day of chilling and quick meals. Lunch was crackers, cheese and fruit,
and dinner will be soup and crusty bread, one of those part baked baguettes thrown in as the soup warms. And today i am stitching. My little stitches working their magic in taking my mind away briefly from the dullness of the day outside. My son watches and plays, his Minecraft world taking shape as his imagination works overtime. My son likes chillout days, he understands that i go through a lot of pain sometimes, but i will always do the best i can for him. I'm thankful he is so patient, it can't be easy for him to see me moving slow due to pain.

So today, small kisses form into patterns, quilt designs but in stitches. I'm working on a small hanging, following the designs so carefully and working the kisses slowly in their various colours. I've tried patchwork and know to do real quilts is a talent i am not practiced in, and i admire those who can make such stunningly beautiful designs using fabric that has sometimes be in their homes for a longtime, awaiting the moment when it inspired something so beautiful.

So off i go, to work some more stitches and hope tomorrow the sun will shine. Tomorrow i hope the fibro will be a little kind.

Happy Crafting!

Book i am working from :- Country-Cross-Stitch-Two-Hour-Crafts


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.