Thursday 12 February 2015

Love

Valentines. A time to show how much someone means to you, or a chance for shops to make money .
Either way everywhere there are hearts on sale, teddies in every corner and a blaze of offers and temptations to help you enjoy this day.

 I've bought 1 teddy, for my son, to cheer him up after being beaten up at school yesterday, but even i was tempted by the £20 bear, until i saw it's price! My son of course was so thrilled with his new soft cuddly bear, ( a reasonable £6 ), he certainly slept well, with no nightmares or needing extra reassurance he was safe. Maybe the high point of a bad day helping with that, and the fact both my ex and me spoke strong words to the school regarding the incident.

As for my other half, he's gotten a home made card making it's way to him, and of course a naughty question inside. But he will also know how much he is loved, not that he doesn't already. Sadly a valentine's apart but he has to do this NVQ course and look after his dad whose has a broken ankle right now. I know the card will make him smile, and i hope to his present he will be delighted with.

As for valentines, it will have another meaning this year, a painful memory, 1 year since my dad died. It is still so raw, still brings tears that he's gone and that day i will either keep too busy or just go with my feelings and mood. Only time can answer that one.

Now as for crafting, currently still working on my other half's present, which of course i can't show due to the surprise, but as soon as it's been delivered safely then i'll show you. It's a labour of love, for sure, but also planning his card, with the help of CraftsUPrint, some sticky tape and a few Candi's here and there.

Sorry no photos to share, but maybe tomorrow kiddo and me will create some beautiful bits. He's off school tomorrow due to staff training and then it's half term. Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.