Wednesday 11 February 2015

Reading and rest

Kitsch charms. I love them. I have so many colours and designs and still see more that i adore. And of course want.

But i'm being good. I'm using the ones i have, and enjoying the chance to make something beautiful and hopefully fun. Each charm has it's own place on a bracelet, and though right now my hands aren't up to the task, i can still enjoy the beauty that these charms possess.

As you may have guessed from lack of posts, i'm off my game. One ambulance crew after i blacked out, started a time of recovery, and i admit crafting isn't top of my time right now, reading and rest is. Oh and painkillers for the baseball bat fairy visits three times a day at the mo.

But i am reading crafting stuff. The first is crafts-beautiful-magazine . Full of good ideas and articles to get the juices going. This months had a wonderful freebie of some papercrafting tools, something i am sure will be put to good use in future. I have to say i enjoyed the papercraft earring idea and have a feeling it's something i may try in the near future, after all i do enjoy putting earrings on cards sometimes, and something that combines both crafts will be very interesting to do. Maybe a chance to use those small scraps of paper you can't bear to part with, but have no idea quite, what to use them for. There is also an air clay project which will be a good idea for the half term break that is next week. Air clay is a great thing to have when the kids are off school, and the fact no baking is involved makes all the more appealing. And after 4-5 days drying time the paint springs into action. Don't be tempted to try and dry the clay quicker though, it'll warp and crack, undoing all the hard (ish) work that you have lovingly put into your art.

My next magazine is of course cross stitch related, crossstitcher . I am in love with the cover project. A design of butterflies, worked on both fabric and paper to give a stunning effect. I may just have to have a go in the summer months, or sooner if i can finish the present that i'm currently working on. There is also a new idea for card making, a keepsake for any new baby that comes into the world. Certainly a treasure any new parent would be delighted to receive. As for the cockatiel, well i may just have to do him too, he'll go with my other parrot cross stitch, (and my other parrots in various forms..) Seeing as i can't have the real thing, collecting parrots is the next best thing.

And my final magazine is again cross stitch. The-world-of-cross-stitching .Cute mice, stunning tulip feilds and bunting are some of the projects, but also a free floral sachet kit. Just the right colours for my bedroom and with added lavender it will be perfect for the wardrobe, or one of my undies drawers. There are shoes to stitch, and cats too, oh and a modern design of flowers that look peacock inspired! I admit there is too many cross stitch ideas i really want to get my teeth into, but i must wait.

Time to get the kettle on again and do the washing up, now that my son has gone to school.
Happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.