Thursday 2 April 2015

Just a card.

As a reader and crafter, the Mollie Makes magazine has opened my eyes to other crafters, whose livelihood depends on people buying their art and creations. I'm a big fan of Etsy too. There are some very talented people out there who create beauty in so many forms, each one made with love.



So the  Just A Card campaign is something i feel passionate about. Too many big firms have started to add their "handmade" style in their products, which is taking people away from the smaller businesses which depend on every single sale they make. Both my parents had their own businesses, and to this day, my mum is still doing hers. Imagine a day where you just made enough to pay the rent for your stall, but haven't made enough to cover the fuel to get there, and no extras for every day things.It's a tough life, and getting harder into today's climate.I have often been told my makes are good enough, it's my mental health which is making me fear the thought, that maybe, just maybe they are something people might want. I admit i have no confidence even though each project i do, is filled with love, and the urge to create something so beautiful. Yes i enjoy crafting, but for me it is so much more, it's a chance to forget the pain for a little while, it's a chance to take my minds of the bad thoughts that linger in my head on a daily basis. A chance to forget the fear of the outside world, and just create.

Happy Crafting , whether it's for yourself, a love one or to sell.





Just a Card Blog Button HTML
Just a Card Button

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.