Wednesday 29 April 2015

Soul saver

As i type, this is the view on the sofa, a cat dreaming of who knows what. He is nicely chilled and has been wonderful company whilst my son is at school.

He may not give hugs, but as i stroke his fur, it's someone helping my mind go elsewhere whilst my depression is in full takeover mode. He's 'helped' with my ribbons as i tried to sort out the chaos that is crafting supplies. Later i hope the chaos will be nicely finished and i can start on enjoying some time to make cards.

Card-making has been a savior these last few days. Not really on FB anymore, it's not helping my head right now, so a break i have decided is the best course of action, and concentrating on home is more important. I've been slowly exposing myself to the outside world, by doing small amounts of gardening, nowt heavy, just a prune here, a tidy there and the odd plant being planted.

I've also been trying new things in the cooking area, more fresh veg and fruit to try and remove this extra, i have gained. At the same time i have been dealing with the side effects of medication, not agreeing with me. Cotton wool brains and a bobble head is not good when you are a mum! So the tablets have been put back to the lower does, and i find my head starting to clear in my creating again.

A simple card of elegance, a picture from days long gone, and the statement of love which i hope she got to find and enjoy in her lifetime. She was a beautiful lady when the photo was taken, and i wonder what she saw in her lifetime, how much change, how much happiness?

So now i must depart, chores and sorting need doing, before my young lad comes home.

Happy Crafting, whenever you get the chance

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.