Thursday 14 May 2015

Vintage Times.

Right now i'm taking a timeout, a breakdown on Friday has left me raw, tearful and fighting a deep depression, so my son and my crafting are my focus. And order from Abel&Cole was a surprise, before 7am and the fruit and veg was so fresh, the smell of the oranges and apples alone a real highlight today. I'm definitely happier with the quality but also saving some money along the way. Another help in this tougher times we are going through. Anyway, crafting..

http://thegraphicsfairy.com/

This site has helped me out many a time. They have the most amazing images for free! But that's not the best bit, the images are. So many treasures from yester-year  and seeing the fashions, be it clothing or home items, it's a haven for those of us who like some of the olden times. The vintage ladies are certainly a favourite for me, but today a wonderful clock face ( public-domain-pocket-watch-image ) has put an idea or two in my head, so i feel i have a small mission today, as well as make homemade potato salad. Will be a steady day, with plenty of rest and some crafting through the day.

I'm currently working with angel-hair paper, it's fine fibres perfect as a background for some of the designs i'm working on. One is a vintage picture of a bunch of tulips. I've printed the picture out twice and cut them both out, but the second one i have removed the background enough to help make the image 3D. I've used deckle scissors around the edge to make a more interesting border, before placing onto of the angel-hair paper. HINT: Do not use deckle edges scissors on angel-hair, you end up with a mess and snagged scissors!

Anyway, the finished topper is now awaiting the right card to go on, i've run out of hammered cream blanks at the mo, so the topper is being kept safe.

The image of the tulips i found looked more vintage when it was printed onto cream textured card, like it had seen the ages slowly. The colours worked really well too. I printed it on the printer set as 4 images per page, but also had the paper being set at A5 size. I made sure it printed 2 of  the image, and you will find they will be the perfect size to use as a topper, without too much wastage too.The image is from The Graphics Fairy. Some more wonderful flowers on the site. Seriously this site is a gold mine for us crafters.

Anyway time for me to sort some bits out so i can have a brief crafting session. Happy Crafting

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.