Thursday 1 January 2015

The first post of 2015!

 
 And it's a day of pj's and tv, with some brief moments of crafting. My son and I decided 2015 would be a pj day. We weren't going anywhere, and it seemed like the best idea really. Both of us were tired yesterday from look around a couple of charity shops, and then having to get some meds from Boots, then get the bread rolls and milk to last a couple of days. The shops were busy, and a lot of Christmas & New Years wishes were being heard all around town. Honestly, both of us were glad to get home, but certainly did well on the book front.

My son bought 8 books in total, using his Christmas money to get books on science, space, dinosaurs and Thomas the Tank Engine. And myself, i found a book i have been hunting for since 1998, Treasures in Cross Stitch By Jane Greenoff  (Link below article) I first saw this book, when i was just starting out on the cross stitching , it was certainly a popular book from the library, and then it was gone. Now i finally have my own copy, and the Mind charity shop gains £2 in their coffers. The other one was 2 Hour Country Cross Stitch By Susie Steadman (Link below article) Another £2 and i'm thrilled. There are so gorgeous little gems in both and they will certainly be done as soon as i can. Right now i'm still busy on the bears. As you can see both heads are now complete, and some yellow has appeared. I admit i had to unpick most of the yellow after counting 1 square wrong! I really need to concentrate on this design, those holes are so small, it needs careful counting.

Anyway, time for me to start the dinner and let my son look up some pokemon tips for his game.

We hope your 2015 is full of happiness, love and crafting

Link  (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Treasures-Cross-stitch-Jane-Greenoff/dp/0563369078)
         (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hour-Country-Cross-stitch-Susie-Steadman/dp/0806961244)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.